Probe on Kelanitissa blaze
The fire that erupted at the Kelanitissa power station at around 3.00
a.m. yesterday was doused with the help of the Colombo Fire Brigade,
Police Media Spokesman SP Ajith Rohana said.
The fire that broke out in a room at the Kelanitissa power station
was noticed by an engineer on duty who alerted the security officers and
the Colombo Fire Brigade.
Meanwhile, six employees of the power station who inhaled noxious
fumes as a result of the fire was admitted to hospital. CEB officials
have launched an inquiry to ascertain how the fire had originated. - JJ