A one-day workshop on ‘Productivity Improvement Techniques’ for the Manufacturing and Engineering Industries, will be held at the Chamber auditorium, D. R. Wijewardene Mawatha, Colombo 10 on February 23 from 9 a.m. to 4.30 p.m. Facilitator will be Sunil G. Wijesinha, a recognised Corporate Trainer on Productivity.
He has followed many programs in Japan and is a pioneer in introducing Quality Circles and 5S to Sri Lanka.
He has also been awarded for his contribution for promoting productivity in the Asian Region and is a popular speaker on Productivity, Quality and Japanese Management Techniques in Sri Lanka and other Asian countries.
He is a qualified Production Engineer, Management Accountant with a MBA.
It will be conducted in English with a Sinhala translation.
Program content includes:
• Productivity concepts, misconceptions, competitiveness and calculating productivity.
• Explanation of single factor, multi factor and total factor productivity.
• Types of single factor productivity; labour, material, energy, and capital productivity.
• Basic strategies for improving productivity and the better management approach.
• Numerator based and denominator based productivity.
• Evaluating through cross sectional and trend analysis.
• Efficiency and Effectiveness.
• Techniques of improving labour productivity: Working environment; Tools, jigs and fixtures; Factory or office layout; Workstation layout.
• Analysing and improving processes through flow diagrams, flow process charts, multiple activity charts, two-handed process charts.
• Measuring non value adding time through activity sampling.
• Basics of ergonomics.
• Prioritising the productivity effort.