Houses for the conflict affected | Sunday Observer

Houses for the conflict affected

The tender procedure for the construction of 50,000 houses for the conflict-affected people of the North and East, is now being worked out to call for contractors, Secretary to the Ministry National Integration and Reconciliation, V. Sivagnanasothy told the Sunday Observer.

The Cabinet paper on the matter submitted by Prime Minister Ranil Wickremesinghe was approved previously. The program will be executed by the Ministry of National Integration and Reconciliation which is under the purview of President Maithripala Sirisena.“This is one more significant step towards addressing the housing requirement of the conflict-affected people and as these are brick and mortar houses, people’s representatives have expressed delight that these go well with their traditional values and cultures,” Sivagnanasothy said.

Accordingly after going through the tender procedures and advertising financial assistance will be sought through the bidders, from donors and funders. 

Comments